Saturday, August 7, 2010

Dear Cash - 4 Months

Dear baby Cash,

Another month has gone by - I can't believe how quickly time is passing. All I want in the world is for time to slow down and for you to be happy.

This month was full of exciting adventures. The biggest change in our lives occurred when you started school. The transition wasn't as difficult as I was expecting, but it still kills me on the days when I walk into your room and you are crying (thankfully that's only happened two days). Most of the time you are asleep and I love being right next to you as you wake up. Every weekday after school, you and I go home and spend the afternoon playing, sleeping (more you than me) and cuddling.

You spent half of the month with a cold - your first cold (you still have it). I really wish there was something more that we could do to ease your congestion, but even with a stuffy nose you were a smiley baby. It doesn't take much to get you to smile or laugh.

I have a new favorite thing that you do. I lay you down on the couch next to me and let you look at the fan while you eat your blanket (this is a favorite of yours). I'm usually on the computer or watching TV and you'll start to make little happy noises to get my attention. As soon as I look at you, you beam your big toothless grin and in that moment there's nothing that could keep me from smiling. If I look away, you'll do it again.

I've discovered that every parent of an infant talks about sleep. It becomes an obsession. I'm trying to let go of the obsession and just enjoy all the time that I have with you, even if that time is at 11 PM, 1 AM, 3 AM and 5 AM every night. Some nights you can sleep from 7 PM - 3 AM, but other nights you're awake every couple of hours. As with last month, you're never awake very long and you're very easy to console. I've been trying to put you into bed ever so slightly awake (sometimes this happens more by accident because in the middle of the night I have to pee and you're not asleep yet) which is what all the "experts" say will teach you to soothe yourself. I don't know if I'll ever be able to let you cry in your bed alone. Thankfully, you're not at the age where we even have to consider that as an option. I'm such a sissy.

When you're asleep, I'm thankful for the time I get to spend with your dad, but I also miss you. I think we both miss you.

Please be sweet to your dad and me and please don't grow up to quickly.

Love you so much,
your Mom

P.S. You're really working on rolling over - here's a picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment