Thursday, October 7, 2010

Dear Cash - 6 Months

Dear baby Cash,

I remember (just barely) before you were born talking with other parents about their children. They would say all the normal cliched things that you hear parents say about love and children -- like -- I never knew I could love someone so much or I don't remember life before children.

All those cliches (although all very true) are just words and aren't a drop in a bottomless bucket compared to how your father and I feel about you. I already get a little sniffly thinking about you growing up, so instead of a sappy post -- I wrote you a silly little poem.

Graby, you're better than Christmas snow,
and I love you more than cookie dough.
I'd run to you no matter how far,
but if it was too humid I'd take my car.
Today you're only six months old,
but in the blink of an eye you'll be to big to hold.
I'll always love you Graby, no doubt about that
even if you snore like you're old and fat.

You've done so many things this month and each day there was something new. You've started eating (kind of) solid food, you're rolling like crazy (it's now easier to change your diaper on the bed instead of the changing table) and you laugh all the time (you're even starting to initiate the laughing fits that you and I have).

Spending time with you is so much fun and your father and I enjoy every minute. I'm not sure if we'll be able to say that when you're 16, so I'm taking as much as I can right now.

Please be sweet to your dad and me and please don't grow up to quickly.

Love you so much,
Mom

Here is a picture of you and your dad on the day you were born.


Here is a picture of you and your dad on the day you turned 6 months old and destroyed a cupcake.

No comments:

Post a Comment