Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Zumba!

I ran this morning (short little 3-miler) at work and tonight I was planning to do Zumba with Liz, but Liz felt sick so I skipped too.

I used to do aerobics all the time. It was my work out obsession, like, a decade ago. I find group fitness classes to be an entertaining people watching experience and also a pretty decent workout, depending upon how much effort I put forth.

My friend Liz does not typically enjoy group fitness classes -- the gigantic room of sweat and germs, the drill Sargent-type instructors and people who are just a little to happy to be jumping around in a room full of mirrors in front of total strangers -- what's not to love? However, she put all her dislikes aside and started doing Zumba.

She's become like this crazy running girl I know/knew (although the crazy running girl had a baby not too long ago, so now she's baby crazy) about Zumba and other group fitness classes too! She's gotten so excited about them that I actually joined her and you know what? Zumba is pretty fun.

Feel better Liz, I'm looking forward to shaking (my non-ringing butt) next week at Zumba!

Now, here's a picture of Graby attacking a water bottle.

1 comment:

  1. Aw thanks! I feel better and even went for a 2.33 mile run today. I only was running 15 minute miles but it felt good to start actually jogging again after the "incident" earlier this year.

    Can't wait for Zumba with you on Tuesday!! Thanks for being so supportive of my "get back in shape" efforts. As of yesterday, I have dropped 10 pounds!

    PS: I thought we discussed the fact that letting Cash eat garbage was not a good idea? Do I have to step in raise that kid myself?

    ReplyDelete