Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Little Sick BUT Still Swimming & Smiling

An illness has been going around Graby's school.

He's had a mild cold for pretty much half of his life so I didn't really think this recent sniffle was cause for concern.

Cub slept last night from 7 PM - 6:45 AM, but I have no idea how because he had about 10 metric ton-gallons of snot in his nose, on his face, on his pjs, in his hair and on his bed when he woke up this morning.

He was pretty happy when he woke up, ate a quick snack and watched some TV while I finished getting ready for work. Around 7:30, I fed him again and he felt REALLY warm. I've always heard that I will know when he has a fever. I stuck the thermometer up his butt (he didn't really complain because I gave him a container of butt paste to chew on) and it said 100.2. This is a low fever and even the doctor's paperwork says not to call unless it's 101, so I wasn't too concerned.

I called Buttin and he said just to stay at home.

He seemed a little more clingy and while I was feeding him (at 7:30), he almost fell back asleep. At 8:15 he fell back asleep for 2.5 hours (very unusual)!

I was supposed to host my mama's group today, but another mama volunteered since Cub wasn't feeling so well.

Even with his minor illness, we went swimming (the water helps with the snot drainage) This is not a great picture of him, but you can kind of see how he's starting to crawl. He can really scootch in the pool and on some surfaces.


I can tell he's a little off, but he's still a super happy kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment