Sunday, October 17, 2010

Saturday to Sunday

A long, long time ago (pre-Graby) I did my long runs on Saturdays. Lately (post-Graby) it seems like I do my long (longish) runs on Sundays.

This morning I did almost seven and I ran past houses I hadn't seen in about a year. It was fun seeing all the houses with the same Halloween decorations I remember seeing last year as I was training for my first marathon (and peeing in their yards. . . just kidding. . . kind of).

As I was running this morning, I got to the point where if I turned around I would have gone only four miles. I was telling myself, what if Buttin needs my help getting Graby to sleep, but I knew that Graby and Buttin would be fine and that I would be better if I kept going. It felt good to keep going -- even if it was a little warmer and humider (it's a word) than I would have preferred.

When I got home, little Cub had been asleep for a half hour and Buttin was picking up.

Now, here's a picture of Cub swimming today - hairdo by Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment