Friday, April 27, 2012

Filanthropy Friday

This week I'm bringing together two events - Earth Day (last Sunday) and my father's birthday (tomorrow).

I don't think I could describe my dad as "green", but he does like to conserve resources (we were probably the first family to save and reuse paper grocery bags) and he also likes driving to parks and monuments and history-type stuff.

I'm not what you'd call a parks, monuments or history kind of girl, but I remember the trips we would take to exotic places, like - New Mexico and Arizona and Arkansas to see National Parks.  Some kids got Disney World for vacation, but I got Hot Springs, Arkansas (every 10 year old's dream) and The San Antonio Missions.  I did get Disney World, but I'm kind of glad I got more than just Disney World.

This week, I selected the Sierra Club and they have donation options where you can Sponsor A Wild Place

In honor of my dad's birthday and of Earth Day, I selected the $25 Grand Canyon National Park sponsorship.   I remember our family trip to the Grand Canyon and driving around to many different viewpoints so that we could look at the big hole in the ground from yet another angle. As a teenager, I wasn't very impressed, but I certainly want to take Cub there one day (maybe he'll have better attitude than I did).





No comments:

Post a Comment