Wednesday, June 24, 2009

It's a Molly-Day

It's a Wednesday, which means many things to me (like an intervention tonight at Liz's house), but to Molly it means only one thing - coming to work at Carpet Warehouse.

I don't think dogs can really tell time or days. Most of the time, I don't think Molly knows what is and what is not edible (if you blow your nose in a kleenex she comes running to eat it). However, Molly always seems to know when it's Wednesday because Wednesday is the day I bring her to work.

Molly isn't the most disgusting member of our animal kingdom (Cartman wins that title on a daily basis), but she does some pretty icky things here at work. Currently, she's laying on the couch here in my office licking her scabby butt. Every summer she seems to get these "hot spots" on her back and it turns into a big scrabby thing. I got some spray from the vet last week, but it only seems to make the area more appetizing to her (like I said, she doesn't always know what's edible). She's also decided on two occassions to relieve herself (#2) here at work, once in someone's office and another time in the warehouse. I figure, at least it wasn't an employee making poop furniture (see Island of Misfit Toys post).

Molly does some very helpful things at work too. She's a vicious hobo-hunter, well actually, she's only found one in our alley way, but I know she would defend us - so long as it didn't interfer with her napping or butt chewing. Molly has also become our "spokespuppy". We've started to feature her carpet cleaning ads:I think she's adorable although I'm not sure how much she's increasing sales.

Right now, she's laying at my feet being sweet (she knows it's almost lunch time). I think she makes all of us here at work happy when she's here & I know it makes her happy too. Wednesdays are great days because they're Molly-Days!

3 comments:

  1. Are you guys taking applications at Carpet Warehouse? What really got me interested in working there was this line from your post:

    "She's also decided on two occasions to relieve herself (#2) here at work, once in someone's office and another time in the warehouse".

    Also I have allergies and sneeze a lot so I figure if I work with you I can help you cut back on dog food costs by feeding Molly my used Kleenex.

    I really hope you devote at least one post to Cartman's habits. Just joking. That might make my eyes bleed.

    liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. As adorable as Molly most certainly is, it is quite unfortunate that the coupon she's advertising is expired. How then am I to get my carpets cleaned at an affordable price?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll make sure to warn you before I post anything about Cartman. I think it'll take a few posts to adequately describe his habits (as you so nicely call them).

    For you Jen - I will of course, honor these prices, although I don't really think you have many pet stains, but you might have kid stains.

    ReplyDelete