Sunday, June 21, 2009

A New Blog

It's Father's Day & I'm starting a new blog.

For all two fans of the much beloved, but short lived Pufatufniks blog: http://pufatufniks.blogspot.com/ - I have returned!

I'm sure that my fabulous friend Liz will make her presence known on this blog too. I think both of our Pufatufniks fans were actually her fans.

I first thought "Running With Lumpy" would be great to start when I got pregnant. "Lumpy" is the name my husband (Buttin - my name for him, not his real name) and I call our as yet to be conceived child. But then I thought, if I wait till I actually get pregnant to start sharing all my thoughts on running, life and other fabulous and not so fabulous things - all of my fans (which right now is probably just Liz) would miss out! For Liz's sake I'm starting the blog now because even though I talk to her all the time, it's just not the same unless you put it in writing!

On to the real topic of the day . . .Happy Father's Day!

I'm a very fortunate girl - I have two loving fathers. (Just a quick point of clarification - my two dads are married to my two moms, but I love families of every combination.) My two dads (remember that show???!!) have taught me many valuable life lessons, here are just a few:
  1. Eat the most expensive item on your plate first.
  2. Stale bread can be sold to neighbors for $1.
  3. You can have an ice cream cone in a new car if you don't spill it.
  4. Don't be a pill on a vacation to the Grand Canyon.
  5. If you're 13 years old, pretend to be 12 so that you can get the children's discount.
  6. Why fly when you can drive?
(One day, I know my wonderful husband will be a wonderful father and will teach Lumpy many valuable lessons too.)

I could write a story everyday on this blog for the rest of my life and never run out of stories about my two dads. Fortunately, most of the stories contain laughter and even better there are still many, many m
ore stories to be made.


Thanks Fred & Max for always loving me and always teaching me no matter how much I protested or how horrible I was at the Grand Canyon.

1 comment:

  1. Steph!

    I am indeed your fan and look forward to many fun posts from you. I like the title of the blog too by the way!

    Thanks for the shout out. Oh, and its your turn in Lexulous.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete