Friday, June 26, 2009

Lame TV Show Names

Is it just me or does there seem to be a plethora of two word TV show titles - with the first word being "The"? This just seems a little lazy to me - "The Mentalist" (a show I love), "The Ghost Whisper" (I know, it's three words), The Cleaner, The Unusuals (I like this one, but heard it's already been cancelled), The Closer (another show I actually enjoy), The Philanthropist, The Listener . . . seriously, The Listener? The Listener sounds quite possibly like the most boring TV show ever - a show about someone Listening????!!! Is anyone actually watching this show? It at least gives me hope that they could create a TV show based upon some of my favorite activities, here are some ideas:

  1. The Sleeper - Procedural Crime Drama: I would fight crime by sleeping - solving the case in my dreams.
  2. The Eater - Comedy: I'm a sassy food critic with a group of 30-something friends.
  3. The Breather - Quirky Crime Drama: I'm an asthmatic detective who disarms possible suspects in the interrogation room whenever I have an asthma attack.
  4. The Jogger - Travel Show: I travel to fabulous cities showing people awesome places to jog while on vacation.
  5. The Misfits - Realty Show: Cameras would document all of my misfits at work. I think they actually have a show called "The Exterminators" - so why not a show about people selling carpet?
I cannot believe that shows like "The Listener" exist, while shows like "Pushing Daisies" are cancelled. People (at ABC, NBC, CBS & FOX) should really consult me before green lighting or cancelling a show. Of course, watch "The Listener" become the next "The Sopranos".

No comments:

Post a Comment