Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Reason To Run

I enjoy running, but I LOVE eating. Last night we went out to Eddy V's for my belated birthday dinner with my fabulous friend Liz and her husband Jonathan. I ate, perhaps, the best meal EVER.

I started out sharing a fried lobster tail with Liz. It was light and melt in your mouthy with the most delicious sauce. If I wasn't at such a nice place - I may have actually tried to distract Liz by screaming and pointing "Matthew McConaughey without a shirt" (she's easily fooled) so that I could have eaten the entire thing. Next I ate a delicious caesar salad, with extra anchovies. I did love this salad, but Jonathan makes a better one. Maybe it's all the little croutons he makes - I love toasted, garlic, buttery bread and I only got four croutons on my salad at Eddy V's.

Liz & Jonathan are frequent patrons of Eddy V's. Liz is always talking about the Truffled Mac and Cheese side dish. The sides at Eddy V's are served family style, but she suggested (rather forcefully) that we order two TMACs. It's a good thing we did -if we had only ordered one, she would have been trying to distract me by screaming and pointing "Big fluffy pillow bed" (I too, am easily fooled). We all ordered steak - I had a bone-in-filet, and it was phenomenal.

For dessert, we all shared blackberry cobbler (complete with candle) and creme brulee. It was a delicious ending to the most tasty meal. Shockingly, we even had some leftovers (technically, Liz and Jonathan did not have any leftover mac n cheese, but Buttin and I shared) - which I just ate for dinner tonight.

Hopefully, I'll run well tomorrow morning powered by steak and truffled mac and cheese because I could really eat that meal again.

1 comment:

  1. We had such a great time! We ate the rest of our mac and cheese yesterday. that is seriously the best ever.

    ReplyDelete