Sunday, June 28, 2009

Yarbot

Travelers Insurance really went all out. While my husband's truck is getting hail damage repaired, he's in a Toyota Yaris. Here he is loving on the Yaris with its manual locks and windows (apparently, he has to drink a lot so as not to be embarrassed while driving it). My poor Buttin has had to endure numerous jokes throughout the week from friends and co-workers. I think he even threatened our misfits with termination to the next one who said anything about the awesome mobile.

In honor of Transformers, I fondly refer to his rental as the - Yarbot or (Yaris-Bot). I'm quite sure if we were ever in any real danger the Yarbot would morph into a very tough weapon, like a ladybug, glass of water or Splenda packet (at least this would be useful).

We saw Transformers this weekend - it was better than Terminator (not saying much) but no where near as good as Star Trek. I had more fun with the first movie; however, if you were born in the late 70s - it's really hard to stop smiling while watching the movie as you remember the cartoon from childhood. I think some of the dialogue from the cartoon was reused in the movie.

Buttin and I see quite a few movies - most Friday nights we can be found at Alamo Drafthouse with our friends Liz and Jonathan.

Here are just a few of the movies we've seen since the beginning of Summer (May 1st) as well as my three second review:
  • Wolverine - just ok
  • Adoration - had some good moments, but was inconsistent
  • Star Trek - fun, especially considering I've never seen an Star Trek episode or movie
  • Terminator Salvation - not good
  • Drag Me To Hell - AWESOME
  • Pontypool - very good
  • The Brothers Bloom - wonderful
  • Up - my favorite so far this summer
  • The Hangover - AWESOME
  • The Taking of Pelham 123 - pretty good
  • The Proposal - cute
  • Year One - some funny parts, but overall not so great
  • Transformers - long, with some good parts and lame dialogue
We see lots of movies. Although, surprisingly none of them feature a Yaris as a get away car.

No comments:

Post a Comment