Sunday, November 21, 2010

Another Try

So last night Buttin and I went to see Harry Potter.

It was our second attempt with a babysitter.

We had a new sitter - she came highly recommended from another mother at Cub's school. She (Julie) stopped by on Thursday to meet us and I liked her instantly.

I didn't have high hopes for Cub staying asleep while we were gone, but I felt very confident in Julie's experience and her willingness to work with Cub to get back to sleep (in the event that he woke up).

Buttin put Cub to bed while I went to wait in line.

When we got back home and walked through the door at 9:45 - Julie greeted us at the door WITHOUT Cub. He had slept the entire time!

I had left her a mini-manifesto of Cub notes and she left me some "House Notes".

Here they are:
  • Wiped down counters and oven.
  • Washed dishes (bottle stuff in bowl clean & dry).
  • Threw out old banana.
  • Folded laundry on table.
  • Folded clothes on chair - not sure if clean so left on chairs.
  • 6:40 - slight peep from Cash.
  • 7:35 - Mouser in front door.
  • 8:30 - Molly out, back in at 8:35
That's right! She had folded all the laundry on our table (which if you know me, I always have a ton of laundry on my table waiting to be folded), washed the dishes and cleaned the kitchen!

Julie and I talked for about 10 minutes and then she left.

I thought *hopefully* Cub had gotten over his waking up for 2 hours every night, but about 10 minutes later Cub woke up and stayed awake till about midnight. Little stinker.

Here are a couple pictures today of the little stinker. First one is him playing with his new favorite toy - a keyboard from Aunt Jen & in the second picture he's showing off his teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment