Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Sweet!

This evening I volunteered for the Austin Lyric Opera Stampede.

Liz and I were put in charge of operating the elevator (why they left such a serious job to the two of us flunkies - I'll never know). They were supposed to have a rooftop party, but because of the weather they just had a hospitality suite. Sweet!

During one of my elevator rides (even though Liz and I didn't help one single person), I noticed a sign. Look carefully:

Do you see it? Look closely:


Damn skippy - that's Flooring Warehouse - right next to freak'in DELL! Sweet!

Liz's friend, Cis, works (read: she's a BTO) for the ALO and last year she asked me if we had any red carpet that could be donated for their opening night. We actually had some red carpet that we weren't currently selling (shocker), so we gave it to them. She asked for our logo and said that she'd put it where she could. It was fairly close to the event, so I thought maybe they put it in some electronic media - I had no idea we were on this cool (to me) sign.

I showed the sign to Liz. She told Cis (Cis was also there tonight) how much I liked the sign and Cis said they had another one so that I could have it. Sweet! I was tickled with delight.

In other fun news. I learned that the ALO operates The Armstrong Community Music School and they have music classes for infants. I think Buttin and Graby are going to take a little introductory series of classes called "Rock the Sandbox".

Here is Graby practicing his opera singing:

Sweet!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Flooring Warehouse is getting class - what's the world coming to? Pretty soon everyone will have to wear fancy business attire to work!!

    Cash really does look like he's singing opera - it's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Thank you so much for coming tonight!!

    ReplyDelete