Friday, May 13, 2011

Dear Cash - 13 months

Programming note:  Blogger was not working last night so I didn't post anything yesterday.  I meant to post this letter yesterday (I know it's WAY late).  Filanthropy Friday is below this post. 

Dear sweet toddler Cash,

I wonder how long I can continue calling you "months" old?  I always found it odd when people said "my son is twenty-five months", but I kind of understand now.  If I say the word "year" I will be verbally confirming my worst fear - you moving out of the house (one day).  You do want to live at home till your thirty (years), right?  I DO miss your baby-ness, but I'm enjoying and loving every minute of watching you grow.

The other night I went into your room to check on you before I went to bed.  It was still a little light out (yes, I go to bed THAT early) and I watched you sleeping on your side.  I was suddenly struck by how much you have grown.     

This month can be summed up in one word - WALKING.  You can now consistently walk about three to five steps - unassisted, but you're still a very fast crawler and you love taking your walker out in the middle of the street (Aunt Liz would be so pleased).  You've actually made it all the way down to the end of the street, but then got tired so I had to carry you plus the walker back home. 

You are consistently signing "milk" (which you have been for a couple months now) and "more" and starting "bird".  I don't know why, but I find the "more" sign adorable.  You also do this sign when you're trying to avoid something - like, going to bed.  For example, last weekend I was feeding you and I called your dad to bring you to bed for your nap.  As soon as you saw him, you started frantically signing more so as avoid going to take a nap.  You clever, silly little boy.  It was all we could do to NOT crack up laughing - which only encourages you.

You still refuse to swallow solid food.  You will chew on anything - a bagel, pity chips, garbage - but refuse to ingest anything.  Maybe some day.

Your little personality delights us every single day.  I love watching you problem solve and work your little magic to get whatever it is that you want.  You make your father and I so very happy.

My little toddler - please be sweet to me and your dad and please, please don't grow up too quickly.  

All my love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment