Friday, May 6, 2011

Filanthropy Friday

Today's Filanthropy Friday is in honor of all the moms.

I selected Oxfam because;
  1. They're awesome and do really good work;
  2. You can pick specific gifts (see below) to donate; and
  3. I enjoy eating so obviously I hate poverty.
For all the moms on my side of the family, I donated a vegetable garden.   This is specifically for my mother who loves and has a talent for all things green (this obviously skipped me, I have a talent for killing weeds).

For all the moms on Buttin's side of the family, I donated a field of organic cotton. Buttin's family has a lot cotton farmers so this seemed obviously appropriate.  Also, I like organic stuff because it's totally better for you.

For all the other moms in our lives, I donated poop - specifically to Aunt Jen because I thought she would find it kind of funny - and crabs - specifically to Aunt Liz because I thought she needed crabs. 

3 comments:

  1. Love it! I have some folks I need to donate crabs and poop to as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my crabs!!! They are great. A little itchy but I guess that's to be expected. Wait until you get your mothers day gift from me....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your can of worms!! https://www.oxfamamericaunwrapped.com/Can-of-worms-gift.html

    ReplyDelete