Friday, May 20, 2011

Filanthropy Friday

Since the rapture is happening tomorrow *eye roll* and the end of the world is upon us, I decided to donate to the Texas Freedom Network (sounds like some kind of armed militia, right?)

I know my $25 dollars are probably being wasted, but supporting public schools, defending civil liberties and protecting religious freedom (for all religions, not just the "right" ones - get it??) seems like a decent way to counteract all this nonsense. 

Of course tomorrow I might (or might not) be writing about how I was terribly wrong. 

1 comment:

  1. I don't think that donating to the Texas Freedom network will counteract the certainty of the Rapture (tm). Seems like you should be donating money to some kind of mystical or magical force that would stop the Rapture (tm) from happening. I don't know what that organization is, of course, I am just saying that would make more sense than an organization that supports education. Frankly the education people would really benefit from the Rapture (tm) because if the world ends later today their budget problems are solve.

    For my part I couldn't care less if we get Raptured (tm) or ruptured or whatever today. I am still tired from last night so I don't have the energy to worry about the end of days. Also I have at least 2 handles of Titos in the house so if the world does end at least I will be sufficiently inebriated that I won't even notice.

    ReplyDelete