Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Insert Clever Title Here

Right now, I'm not sure if I can form complete sentences - so here are some updates  with bullet points and sentence fragments.
  • Morning training run - "easy" 5 miles at a 11:21 minute/mile pace.  This included hills and a water stop.  At one point during the run (closer to the end), I asked the woman running with me - Is this difficult for you?.  Woman: No, not really.  I'm not sure if the two of us are going to be friends.  
  • We also did several running drills - I'm so slow, I came in last even during the drills.  Some of the drills include things like - skipping, running backwards and sideways and multiplication tables.  Not really the last one, but maybe if cookie dough eating or diaper changing was a drill, I would stand a better chance. 
  • I'm leaving tomorrow for a small trip to Houston to help my friend Nana with her twins (remember, they were born on Cub's birthday).  I'm looking forward to seeing Nana, her sister Weenie and the little girls but I'm not looking forward to being away from Cub.  I'm feeling a little sad about it, if I'm being honest.  I know Buttin and Cub will be just fine without me, but I hope neither one forgets me.
  • We were notified by our landlord that we need to be out of our house by June 30th or sign a 9 month lease.  This means, we need to find a house ASAP (not ideal) or stay in our rental house longer than we had originally planned.  We're leaning towards signing another lease and then maybe finding a house sometime in the fall and then we can slowly move into the new house.  Buttin and I may go looking at houses in the next few days, but really there's no time.  Not to mention, we really don't have time to be moving right now!
  • Some of my family members from Florida might be coming for a visit next week.  It'll be really nice to see them.  I hope they're OK with a slightly crazy, frazzled and otherwise sweaty sister/daughter.
Here is my little Cub today, playing outside.

Did I mention that I'm really going to miss him (and his daddy too)?

P.S. Probably no blog posts for the next couple of days.  I hope to return to blogging in time for Filanthropy Friday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment