Monday, July 26, 2010

Doctor Visit

Graby has a cold.

He's had it for over a week, so it was time to go see Dr. Sharpie just to make sure it hasn't turned into a secondary infection.

He's been in a good mood (except for when I use the bulb thingy to suck the snot out of his nose) so I knew it couldn't be too bad, but I just wanted to be careful

Guess what Dr. Sharpie said? Graby has a cold. What a shocker.

She said that sometimes it can take up to three weeks for a cold to run its course and we're doing everything that we can do (suck snot, humidifier and lots of kisses). Dr. Sharpie also said that he looked like a very happy kid and that he was pretty freaking cute.

Cash is now 15 lbs, 6 oz. He was 12 lbs, 13 oz at his 2 month appointment. He's my little chunky Graby!

In other news, it must be a VERY well known fact that I LOVE the Nap Nanny because I got five emails and one phone call from friends and family regarding the recall. In all honesty, I couldn't read the article - I have to avoid anything relating to infant death. We haven't really used the Nap Nanny for sleeping in quite sometime, but it saddens me to think about a family's loss involving a product I love so much. I'm learning (rather quickly) that just about everything is hazardous to children. As a parent, I just be as careful as possible.

OK, there's no easy way to transition out of that unhappiness so I'll just post this cute little picture of Graby & Cartman. It was the first time that Cash really seemed to notice Cartman.

1 comment:

  1. According to the US Consumer Product Safety Commission about 30,000 Nap Nannys were recalled. Only the first generation Nap Nanny Infant recliners are included (I dont think yours is a first generation one). Consumers will be given an $80 voucher towards the purchase of a newer Nap Nanny.

    ReplyDelete