Thursday, July 22, 2010

Oh Happy Dance!

Time for a little SBOS (Small Business Owner Story).

A couple of years ago, Buttin and I decided to buy a small business. About a year and a half ago, I decided I would play "sales girl" and go out into the world and try to sell some carpet.

I had some success and actually picked up a few really good accounts. Fast forward about six months and some of my very good accounts declared bankruptcy and these accounts had some extremely high unpaid balances. Ouch!

For the past year I've stayed in contact with the attorneys and management company for these accounts and they have always been great about providing me with updates. However, as with most things in our legal system, things were slow to progress. Buttin and I were hopeful that one day we'd receive the funds that were owed to our little business, but we kept our expectations low.

Well, today we received our money! I did a happy dance all around the office. The funny thing (well, to me) is that Buttin usually gets and opens the good mail (i.e. the checks) and leaves all the crappy mail (i.e. the bills, well some of them and junk mail) on my desk. The check was in an envelope that looked like it was a piece of marketing material. You can imagine my surprise when I opened it and a huge check was inside (I was expecting them to send it certified mail or something more official).

Here is Cash doing his Happy Dance - well it's actually more like a sleepy morning grin, but we'll just say he's doing a happy dance on the inside.



1 comment:

  1. Yeah!!!! I'm so excited for you guys! Now Cash doesn't have to beg on the streets anymore!

    ReplyDelete