Monday, July 5, 2010

Concert Fail, But There's An Upside

Yesterday we were supposed to attend Graby's first concert - Willie Nelson's 4th of July Picnic. We even had a ticket with his name on it.

I blame the concert organizers - parking was over one mile away, they were forcing hundreds of people to take a shuttle (which, I kid you not - was a MINI-VAN) and there's really no shade at the new Backyard (the venue).

When we got there (around 12:30) Buttin and I soon realized this would not be a good adventure for Graby. Buttin confirmed it when he got home around 6:30 last night burned to a crisp (I had put sunscreen on Graby, but was thinking there would be shade).

I dropped off Buttin & friends and headed home.

Now, for the slight upside.

I was driving home on a pretty major road where the stupid speed limit is only 35 mph. I usually go about 45 - 50 mph on this road (as does everyone else).

Well, I got pulled over.

Graby was extremely content - even when we stopped and usually he hates it when we stop. I immediately jumped out of the car and told the police officer that I was hurrying home because my son was upset (nevermind that I hadn't heard a peep out of him). I went to Graby's carseat (where he was being abnormally quiet), pulled him out and he instinctively (like a great little actor) made the pouty face. There were no real tears - but he started to fuss a little. The police man let me go with just a little warning. As soon as I put Graby back in his seat - he was calm and happy again.

So, in the last few months both Molly and Graby have rescued me from tickets. It's good to have kids and animals in the car.

Now, I present - the anatomy of a laugh. This afternoon we went for a little swim (err . . .sit) and Cash-man was full out laughing at the water. It was adorable - wish I had my video camera, but these pictures will have to do.

Starts as a smile . . .



Slightly lean the head back . . .


Open the mouth wide and close the eyes . . .


Complete the laugh by returning to the smiling position . . .

Finish by looking at mom like she's crazy for taking so many pictures . . .

1 comment:

  1. This is ADORABLE! I am going to have to try this. I've only gotten two laughs from Archer, the last one last Wednesday. Maybe I've just got to put his Bumbo in a pool.

    ReplyDelete