Friday, July 16, 2010

Transition - Day Four

The last transition day.

Today, the plan was to drop Graby off and pick him up at the same times we will do going forward (8:30 AM/1:00 PM). My dear MIL (the Gigi) is in town so she went with me to drop him off at school

I've come to realize that I'm OK so long as I drop him off real quick and never give him a chance to cry (not that he cries when I leave him, but I don't want to see him upset for any reason). Well Gigi wanted to play with him outside - I had to grab her by the shirt to pull her out the door. The longer I stay with him, the worse I feel (even though I didn't feel bad at all this morning) about leaving him.

At work it felt VERY weird. I was only there half a day, but I had all this time. I actually read stuff on the interweb! I still kept my phone right next to me on the desk.

When I went to pick him up . . .shocker . . .he was asleep! He was working on his second nap of the day. I spoke briefly to the lead teacher and she said that he was adjusting really well and that the only thing that really bothered him was hearing the other babies cry (like mother, like son). She said this is an adjustment for most children and had actually warned me about it on transition day one. Also while at school, Graby ate 5.5 oz of milk (3 oz at one time and 2.5 at another). I learned of this from his daily "report card" that I get from school. I wonder how many of these little pieces of paper I'll keep . . .

When we got home little man was very tired and very cuddly. I didn't mind one bit. Looking back, I think the two of us did pretty well during our transition week. I know that like most other things parenting related - it'll probably be a few steps forward, a couple steps back and I'll be patient with myself and with Graby while we both get used to this new schedule.

Here's a cute picture of little man sleeping (speaking of which, he now prefers the tummy and slept that way last night)

No comments:

Post a Comment