Thursday, July 15, 2010

Transition - Day Three

Today the plan was to drop Cash off around 8:30 and have him stay (by himself) until 11:00.

Cash had a not so good night last night and he did not take a nap this morning. My only thought was that he was going to have an awful time at school because he was so tired.

He (of course) fell asleep in the car on the way to school. I brought him in (still in his car seat asleep) to school and stayed with him till he woke up. After he woke up, I handed him off to one of the sweet teachers and said good-bye.

I told the teachers that the could call me at ANYTIME and that if he was crying inconsolably for longer than five minutes - I MUST BE CALLED. They were incredibly sweet, but I'm sure they were thinking - yeah, yeah, yeah, crazy mom who can't let go. They do understand that this transition is more difficult for me than it is for sweet baby Cash.

Well, I still hadn't done our school paperwork so my plan was to come back around 10:30 to do the paperwork and take him back to work around 11.

The 1.5 hours at work was strange . . . I kept watching my phone and the clock -tick tock tick tock.

I drove up to the school exactly at 10:30. Thankfully, there was no screaming Graby on the playground (whoppee). I hurried it up to the front door and walked to the window of his classroom. I looked in (the room was dark) and HE WAS ASLEEP ON HIS BED!! Oh, sweet relief - I could not have been more proud than if he had solved the whole BP oil spill debacle. He had also eaten 2.5 oz of milk (he had previously been on a bottle strike) before taking his nap. He slept till 11:15 (I actually had finished my paperwork and everything).

Tomorrow is our last transition day - he goes from 8:30 - 1:00 (what will be his full day). I feel like I did a lot better today and I'm hopeful I'll do well again tomorrow.

Now, here's a cute little video of Graby & Molly:


1 comment: