Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Another Muggy One

Cub woke up at 2:00 this morning. It isn't unusual for him to wake up once a night for a little snack and then go back to sleep. However, it's always difficult for me to get back to sleep for some reason.

I laid in bed and tried to go back to sleep. My alarm was set for 4:30 so that I could pump, run, shower and be ready for Graby to wake up for the day (usually around 6:30). It got to be 3:15 and I still wasn't back asleep so I decided to go for a pre-dawn run.

It was actually a really nice 4 miler. I felt really good - even thought it was 65 with about 95% humidity.

Here is my deer picture:

By the time I got home from my run, after a quick shower - it was already 5 AM. It was a little too late to try and go back to sleep, so I turned on the TV and relaxed. The weather caught my attention - guess what the temperature is forecasted to be on Sunday - warm (the low is 60) and muggy with the possibility of light rain. Oh splendid! Let's have another muggy half marathon. I really thought that at least ONE of my winter races would be in cooler temperatures, but alas I live in Texas where one day it's 19 and the next it's 80. I'm sure it'll be colder again next week.

OK, enough complaining about the warmer weather because Cub and I have really been enjoying our outside time the last couple of days. We were having lots of fun today, so I couldn't just pick one picture.

Just making a silly face:


Being a supermodel:


Being a supermodel eating the set design (I can't imagine the stuff that's on those bars . . .I'm such a wonderful mother):

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I am going to nominate you for the "Mom of the Year" award. Of course the award I refer to is given out bi-annually at the "North American Sociopath Convention" (Last year it was in Needles, California and I heard they were giving away gift bags with condoms, box cutters, duct tape, camo hats, and spy cams. Nice swag.)

    Let's review, you own 2 dogs and multiple cats. One of your dogs spends most of her time in the yard and may or may not pee in exactly the spot that Cash is licking. No idea if any other pets or creatures have had access to that fence or not because I am not a freaking detective. Well not this week anyway, I am taking some time off to focus on straightening out your life.

    Have you ever considered taking Cash to Alaska or someplace and letting him be raised by a pack of wolves? Because I have to say he might be better off. Chances are the wolves wouldn't let him lick stuff they had peed on...most mothers in the animal kingdom are good about that kind of thing. That's just science.

    Now I hate to bring up ancient history - and by "ancient" I mean 2 months ago - when you routinely gave Cash garbage to play with instead of his very safe and moderately clean toys. I have been wondering if the brain atrophy you have suffered as a result of "working" (working is a term used loosely here - translated to mean refereeing the misfits) at Flooring Warehouse. Please scroll back a few weeks in your blog and refer to the post which featured the powerpoint that I created to illustrate your brain deterioration. Do you think it might be time to get some kind of professional help or psychotropic meds? I am talking about for you...not the misfits although they might benefit as well.

    I am only thinking about what is best for Cash here. Things at your house are degenerating to the point that I can visualize a photo of Cash taken by you in the near future of that sweet little boy sucking on a bottle of Goldschlager while holding a lit cigarette and rolling in Cartman's poop. Yeah, I went there. Consider this a wake up call, an online intervention of sorts. And the worst part of that visual is that I imagine you giggling while you take the picture and telling everyone "what a grown up little man Cash is".

    The Swedish nanny I ordered to move into our house and raise Cash didn't work out but I am working on an alternate plan. (I don't know what happened exactly, the State Department was really sketchy about the details, but there was some mention of Aquavit (sp?), a trapeze, roofies, and an armored car - she sounded like an adventurous gal and a good role model to me so I regret that she won't be coming to the U.S.) If my backup plan works out (more on that later) I will be coming to rescue Cash sometime next week. In the meantime I hope you can avoid inflicting any more emotional damage to that poor kid that might result in him wearing a weird mask and bragging about "fava beans and a nice chianti".

    Cash has a bright future ahead of him if you don't ruin it for him in the next week or so. Think of Stanford not skid row. Try to focus. Imagine yourself in a field of flowers with the pretty bunnies...see, everything will be alright.

    Sincerely a friend of your "caliper",

    Liz

    PS: Candy this one was for you.

    ReplyDelete