Monday, February 7, 2011

Misfit Monday

I Can't Reach The Candy

It is a well-known fact that I enjoy candy and often have an abundance of it in my office to share (somewhat begrudgingly) with my fellow misfits. Currently, the candy is in a large fishbowl on top of a large file cabinet in my office.

One afternoon (I wasn't there, so this misfit story is second hand with a little embellishment), misfit Patty decided that she need a little candy snack to cleanse her pallet from the only 35% meat taco she had just eaten from Taco Smell.

(Side note, I love Bill Maher and he had some truly hilarious things to say about the whole Taco Bell meat(less) fiasco - two of my favorites are "How could you not know? Your meal cost less than gum." and "It's no accident that taco backwards is O' Cat." OK, back to regular programming).

I think I'll go get a delicious piece of candy from that wonderful woman, Stephanie's office - Patty thought to herself.

She joyfully skipped the two feet to my office all the while humming Christmas carols aloud.

When she got to my office and saw the candy bowl high atop my filing cabinet, she frowned slightly. She then reached her hand up, with all her might and rotated her wrist to grab the piece of candy she had been craving for all of three minutes. However, the candy did not reach the top of the fishbowl and she could not reach down far enough to where the candy she so desperately desired was sitting.

She pouted.

She stomped her feet.

She cried a little.

She then wailed, I can't reach the candy.

Misfit Barbie came into my office and nearly fainted with laughter. After 15 minutes of laughter, snorting and dry heaving, Barbie removed the fishbowl from the top of my filing cabinet and handed it to Misfit Patty. Patty ate her candy and was eternally grateful to Barbie.

Apparently, Patty thought the fishbowl was glued, stapled or nailed down to the filing cabinet. Silly Patty.

Here is a very talented artist's depiction of what happened that fateful afternoon:





No comments:

Post a Comment