Friday, February 11, 2011

Filanthropy Friday

I live in Austin. Livestrong is pretty much synonymous with our little city. It would be impossible for me to not spend at least one Finlanthorpy Friday giving to this great organization.

It just so happens that one of my Baby Mama friends, Julia, is also running in the Livestrong Austin Half Marathon (she's an actual runner unlike me who is more of a jogger/funny looking walker) and also raising money for Livestrong.

She's already reached her goal (because she's very dedicated), but I donated $10 to the cause. Where money and charity (and cookie dough) are concerned - more is always MORE (and better)!

2 comments:

  1. Livestrong is a great organization but it's almost too easy to make fun of Lance Armstrong. "I have never used steroids. No, seriously, I have never used 'roids. Please believe me and if you don't I will sue you." Also that dude takes himself WAY too seriously. I could go on and on but its more fun to make fun of Stephanie than it is helpless rich celebrities.

    So, do half marathon participants get free 'roids or HGH injections? Armstrong could probably get a good discount.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In honor of Filanthropy Friday I donated $100 to This charity today, in part because my friend Eilssa is so passionate about helping Downs Syndrome kids get adopted. Apparently in some countries these kids get tossed in mental institutions and are never let out. These aren't the nice kind of institutions either like the ones where celebrities go. These sounds pretty bad.

    http://www.helpsaveelizabeth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete