Sunday, February 6, 2011

Dear Cash - 10 Months

Dear baby Cash,

Wow! You're now double-digit months old. I remember when I wrote "Fetus Friday", the weeks seemed to go by so quickly. I didn't know it was possible, but the months seem to go by faster than the weeks.

This month you've been crawling all over the place and your new favorite game is "chase". You look at me (or your dad) crawl away (very quickly) and then look back and smile (and also to make sure that we're following you) and then you crawl away again. This game makes you laugh and laugh.

You've also started letting go (for just a couple of seconds) of objects that you use for support while standing. You've also graduated to using the whole bath tub, no more baby bath time for you. We have to be extra vigilant with you in the bathtub because you always want to pull up on the side of the tub (it's a little slippery for you) - you also seem to gravitate to everything dangerous in the tub (like the metal water spout).

Regarding eating, you're still eating everything pureed and your new favorites are salmon and peanut butter and bananas (only the last two are mixed together) . You still haven't quite figured out how to eat more solid items (like puffs or eggs) without coughing and gagging. Your father and I try to teach you how to eat puffs, but all you do is try to feed us the puffs. It's rather cute.

You love music. One of your favorite toys is your keyboard and it has several programed songs. No matter what you are doing (even if you're chewing on my ipod), if the programed song - Ode To Joy - comes on, you stop what you're doing, look around for me or daddy, smile and start to clap. Your joy is impossibly infections.

Thank you little man for helping me keep things in perspective. If I'm ever having a bad day or some kind of problem, one of your laughs quickly pulls me back to the reality of the things that matter most - you, your dad, our family and our friends (and cookie dough).

Please don't grow up too quickly and please continue to be sweet to me and your dad.

Love you so much,
Mom

Now here are a couple cute pictures of you today - first, a silly little picture of you licking the table (I'm sure this will go on Aunt Liz's list of grievances).


Here's another picture of you playing outside today, I call it - your super model pose.

No comments:

Post a Comment