Sunday, February 27, 2011

I'm Getting Old (and Hungry)

Last night we went out to dinner with our good friends, Mark and Jen, to Uchiko.

It's a swell restaurant with some very yummy, inventive and pretty to look at food. However, each plate (or sushi roll) was only about five bites. FIVE BITES for four people to share and it wasn't like each plate of food was $5 (more like $15 - $30).

Don't get me wrong the, the food (the little of it that I ate) was delicious (I even ate some beef tongue), but I think I could have eaten all seven plates of food that we ordered plus the two plates of dessert by myself (seriously, I'm a breast-feeding and running mama - I'm hungry). Is it too much to ask for a bread basket or cracker? Probably doesn't fit with their menu. When I got home I had to eat a bowl of cereal because I was still so hungry. Buttin actually sold me out and told Mark & Jen as we were walking out of the restaurant that I was still hungry.

I understand that dining out is sometimes more experience (and we had a blast last night) than it is actual eating, but I couldn't help feeling a little like my father when I thought to myself - $150 and I'm still hungry, what a joke! I guess I'm slowly (or not so slowly) turning into an uncool (and hungry) parent.

OK, new topic - humidity. I'm SO happy that the half marathon was last weekend and not this weekend. As humid as it was last Sunday, it was nothing when compared with today. The humidity does some really funny things to Cub's hair. Here he is after waking up from a nap (you can also really see his top two teeth - ouch, they hurt).


No comments:

Post a Comment