Friday, February 4, 2011

Filanthropy Friday

Brr. . . it's cold outside.

Cub and I are snowed in (well, it's only about an inch of snow, but for Texas it qualifies as a "natural disaster"). I might have a couple pictures of Cub playing (or crying) in the snow if we can manage to get the front door open (the half of inch of snow is making it difficult to open the door).

The city is pretty much shut down - no schools are open, no government offices are open BUT our little business is OPEN and busy. I think our guys are pretty tired - we had several calls yesterday night and early this morning for water extractions. Buttin was at the office at 6:00 this morning to try and organize the day. Apparently the roads were horrible (like I said, we're not prepared for this in Texas) and it took him about 30 minutes to go 3 miles. We have a few other brave misfits at the office too and I just want them to be safe.

OK, so back on topic.

This week, I donated $15 to HAAM - Health Alliance For Austin Musicians.

Here's my logic:

Monday was Buttin's 35th birthday! Buttin loves music (we named our son Cash). Buttin also enjoys being healthy.

I require that my $15 be used for musician dental care. This request (demand) is also in honor of Buttin because he hasn't been to a dentist in over a decade.

1 comment:

  1. I have tried and tried to think up a snarky/funny comment on this post. But HAMM is a great cause and Ray Benson, one of the board members, started his career with Willie Nelson so it's kind of hard to find fault with this donation. And believe me I have tried...for the sake of humor of course.

    In other news, its Friday afternoon and I am really tired and unmotivated to do any work. This is probably because I spend about 30% of my time maintaining Cash's list of grievances and coming up with parenting tips for you so that Cash isn't smoking crack on the corner with his homies by the time he is 9. Not to mention all the time I have to spend accepting FarmVille gift requests (Note to friends: I don't even play that game anymore thank you very much), trying to figure HEB's latest floorplan just so I can buy bacon bits, and washing Oliver's feet every time he pees on them. Every week is such an exhausting trial for me; you are probably wondering how do I make time for work, the gym, and being the perfect wife? - I am just amazing that is how. I know it's intimidating for you to try to live up to my example but just keep trying no matter how frustrating it gets.

    Now, if you will excuse me, I have to clean the lint out of the dryer while you are probably lounging around your house eating Cadbury Eggs that you bought from a random stranger who promises he didn't let his dog lick them and watching Cash play with garbage.

    ReplyDelete