Friday, June 17, 2011

Filanthropy Friday

In honor of our semi-working A/C unit, I decided to give to people who really need assistance with this abysmal heat.

I donated $20 to the Summer Fan Drive for Family Eldercare.

The Family Eldercare fan drive provides fans to low-income seniors, adults with disabilities and families with children who do not have or who cannot afford air-conditioning.

I am extremely fortunate and I will now stop my complaining (at least for the next ten minutes) about my 80 degree house.

1 comment:

  1. What a great charity. I had never heard of this until you posted.

    I donated $25 in memory of my grandmother Irene Handlin who was fortunate to never need elder care because my aunts helped her live in her home until she passed away. Also I don't think she ever got too hot because she lived in San Francisco but she would have wanted to help people who needed to cool off in Texas.

    ReplyDelete