Thursday, June 9, 2011

Why Won't You Eat?

Little Cub seems to be going through a phase.  Well, a couple of phases really.

One phase I call, clingon - as in - he's being extremely clingy and has started crying when I leave him at school.  It breaks my heart, but I know that he starts playing about ten seconds after I walk out the door.

The second phase I call, not eating (hence, the title of my post).  One of Cub's friends, Henry, went through a phase where he didn't eat any purees, only solids.  Cub seems to be going through this phase right now where he wants nothing to do with purees, but the problem is that he isn't swallowing solids yet.  He chews and chews and then spits the food out.  I think he does (sometimes, rarely) swallow SOME solids and he's still drinking lots of milk, so I'm not concerned.  I just really, really wish he would eat!

Here is Cub eating/gumming a pancake this morning.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like he might be cutting a tooth? Twice today Archer let out big cries of pain while eating crunchy stuff. He's cutting at least three molars. I'm going to try to keep it softer for him tomorrow. I hope Cash gets his appetite back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so beautiful!

    My nephew recently went through a phase where he only wanted solids, but he wasn't really eating (like, for real eating) them yet. My Mom suggested to my Brother and SIL what she used to do with us, which apparently was to dip the solid into the puree and use it as an eating utensil. The point being that we still go to feed ourselves while actually getting food in our tummies, concurrently :)

    ReplyDelete