Saturday, June 11, 2011

My Sister Is Brilliant & I Ran

Last night, Buttin and I went to see Super 8 with our friends, Liz & Jonathan.

My sister, Emily (I call her princess, but don't dare call her Em), sweetly offered to babysit. 

I gave her the rundown of the house - the remote works like this, if Cub cries try this, this dog stays here, this dog goes there, the cats will sit on you, etc.

When we got home she was washing our dishes and she said Cub hadn't made a peep.  I noticed Molly was hanging out with Emily in the kitchen (hoping to score a piece of partial chewed food, I'm sure) and as I walked to the bedroom to get ready for bed (after all, it was 9:30 - well past my bedtime), I noticed Cartman on the couch.  I did a quick double take (as a brief refresher, Cartman and Molly have lived in the same house for 7 years, but have almost never been in the house at the same time) and ran back into the kitchen to make sure I wasn't going crazy.

Nope, not crazy - Molly was in the kitchen.

I asked Emily why both dogs were in the house together.   She said Cartman was barking (he was in the garage) and Molly didn't want to go outside so she just had them both inside the house - AT THE SAME TIME!  

Were they OK?  She said they just left each other alone the entire time.  There were no obvious injuries to either dog and both seemed content.

Oh sweet miracle!!! So guess what?  Today, Cartman and Molly have been inside the house together pretty much all day.  

My sister is brilliant.

Onto the second part of my title - my run.

I went for a 10.5 mile run this morning.  I felt pretty good, but not as good as last week.  My pace was 11:42/mile, but this included some pretty lengthy water stops.  I ran the majority of the way with two of my new running friends, but one of them turned around at the 4 mile marker (she was only planning to do 8 miles) and the other I told to run ahead of me at about the 8 mile marker.  All in all, a pretty good run.

Here is Cub from today, being his usual super cute self.

No comments:

Post a Comment