Friday, June 10, 2011

Filanthropy Friday

Once in a while, a friend (Liz) will suggest a charity for Filanthropy Friday.

A few weeks ago, Liz and I were having dinner and we discussed a breakfast she had with, Keith Ferrazzi.  He's a networking/relationship expert and he said that one way you can thank a customer, client, associate, etc. is to GIVE to a cause that means something to them.  I really like this idea.  I'm sure some might think of this as a "non-gift", but I would LOVE it if someone donated money in my name (or Cub's name) to a cause that means something to us.

This week, I donated $20 to Kidsave International in honor of Liz's friend, Keith Ferrazzi.  Kidsave is dedicated to helping orphan children around the World find permanent homes.  

I spent a little time on their website this morning and after just a few minutes of reading; I wanted to adopt all the children.  I've always been a big softy for kiddos, but now that I have Cub - it's even worse.  I will not be surprised if, at the end of the year, the majority of my Filanthropy Friday recipients have been children-centered charities. 

1 comment:

  1. I sent a copy of your post to Keith and I am getting on the Kidsave website to make my donation now. Of course the only kid in the world that I really care about is Cash but since Marsha and Cheryl insist on buying everything he (or any child) could ever need or want it is pointless for me to donate to him. So I guess I will donate to some actually needy kids who can use the help. :-)

    ReplyDelete