Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Change Of Plans

My mom (the Mormor) and I were supposed to run Marathon For Adoption on October 29th, but I think the hills might be a little too much (wait, I mean to say New Braunfels is not enough of a challenge for the turtle club).  Instead, we're going to run the Frankenthon Monster Marathon on October 22nd.

This is a small race (only 150 participants - which means my mom and I need to prepare to be in the bottom part of our age group) and we run on THE BRUSHY CREEK TRAIL - where I have done the majority of my training.  I love this trail!  I'm expecting lots of spectators - or at least Buttin and Cub.  The race begins at 7:00 AM, but Mormor and I will still be running at 11:00 AM, so even all my sleepy-headed friends can (and should) make beautiful signs and come cheer.

In other running news, I forgot my watch this morning.  We did an 8 mile run, with a 20 minute segment in the middle at half marathon pace (9:32/mile).  Since I didn't have my watch, I just tried to run less-turtleish.  I got second to last.  

Here is cute little Cub today.

No comments:

Post a Comment