Thursday, July 28, 2011

First Airplane Ride

Tomorrow Cub will take his first trip on an airplane.

We're going visit Gigi, Nana and a bunch of other family and friends in the Texas panhandle. Buttin was born and raised in the small town of Memphis, Texas - the website cracks me up, check out the little shooting cowboy thing at the top of the page.

Anyway, it'll be a pretty short trip but you'd think I've packed for an African safari with a side excursion to Europe.  You just never know what you might need with a toddler.  I've packed - milk, bottles, cups, sippy cups, breast pump, day diapers, night diapers, wipes, clothes, sunscreen, baby Advil,books, teethers, toys, cds, clothes, brush, cold snacks, room temperature snacks, sweet snacks, salty snacks (yes - lots of snacks), spoon, fork, copy of birth certificate, car seat, nap mat and blanket - AND that stuff is really just for Cub.  That doesn't include Buttin and my stuff. 

We also bought two dozen Tiff Treat's cookies to bribe the people sitting next to us on the plane in the event that Cub decides to throw a fit. 

I'm still probably not prepared for everything - but they have stores, even in small towns like Memphis, Texas.

Also, if I don't blog during the next couple of days it's because we're traveling, but I'll return to blogging shortly. 

Here's a little picture of Cub playing outside today.  Is it just me or are his teeth looking a little pointy?

No comments:

Post a Comment