Friday, July 1, 2011

Filanthropy Friday


I'm driving to Houston this morning for the funeral.

I think flowers are beautiful, but in lieu of flowers I decided to dedicate this week's Filanthropy Friday to Maria O'Neal.  In her memory, I donated $50 to The Rose

The Rose (four star rating on charity navigator) is a non-profit breast cancer charity in Houston that provides screening, diagnosis and access to treatment to women regardless of their ability to pay.   Maria O'Neal beat breast cancer, but it seemed like a organization worthy of donating to in her honor. 

1 comment:

  1. Jonathan and I just made a $100 donation to The Rose in memory of Maria O'Neal. I believe they will send some kind of letter to Shannon (I found her work address online) but please give Shannon a hug for me and tell her that our thoughts and prayers are with her at this time.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete