Saturday, February 4, 2012

16.5 Miles & 24 Hour Bug

Yesterday afternoon Cub came home with a fever and wasn't interested in playing.  

We spent almost two hours cuddling on the couch and he fell asleep on me at 5:15 PM (about 30 minutes before his bath time).

Buttin and I woke Cub up for a bath, but he wasn't interested.  He fell asleep on Buttin's chest at 6 PM and slept in bed with us until around midnight. Cub woke up around midnight and felt cooler.  I asked him if he wanted to go to his own bed and he said yes.  

I don't really sleep well when Cub is in bed with us (I love to cuddle him, but he's not a great bed partner) so I was finally able to really sleep when Cub went into his own bed.

I woke up this morning and went for a 16.5 mile (in 3:14:09).  Buttin sent me texts with pictures and videos of Cub and he seemed pretty good.  Today, I was supposed to run the lesser of 3 hours or 20 miles, so I kind of split the difference.  

When I got home Buttin left for a relaxing birthday celebration (massage, lunch, movie and relaxing) with Jonathan.  Cub and I played outside for about an hour.  He and Mouser explored the Sex Hole.


Cub seemed good, but a little tired.  

He went down for a nap, but only slept for 50 minutes (lots of coughing).  He woke up super grumpy.  After a couple hours of grumpy, tired, snotty couch cuddling time - I was finally able to convince him to go outside. 

"Outside" must be Cub's antibiotic because his mood dramatically changed (he was still exceptionally snotty) once we started playing.  Here he is running around the basketball court.



And here he is trying to lock me out of the basketball court.



When it was bedtime tonight, I took Cub's temperature again and it was down to normal.  I guess it was just a nasty 24-hour bug. 




No comments:

Post a Comment