Friday, February 24, 2012

Filanthropy Friday

Today's choices aren't particularly glamorous, but they're important to me.

I'm calling it my PUBLIC RADIO Filanthropy Friday.

I listen to our local NPR station - KUT - most mornings and afternoons (except when they're having the fund drive - like now) while I'm driving to and from work. 

As a child, I was forced to listen to NPR by my father.  The theme music (for the shows like Morning Edition and All Things Considered) hasn't changed.  Now, I really enjoy listening to all the news stories on those shows - it's like The John Stewart Show, but without being funny.  

In addition to the regular broadcast programming, there are several NPR podcast that I also enjoy - This American Life, Radio Lab and Filmspotting are my favorites.  Like KUT, these shows are listener supported.

Here's a summary of this week's PUBLIC RADIO donations:

KUT - $15
Radio Lab - $5

Now that I've listened to all this educational stuff - it's time to go read TMZ. 

1 comment:

  1. Your father says that you did indeed listen to NPR to and from swimming which consisted of the news of the day as opposed to the liberal propaganda that we never listen to.

    ReplyDelete