Saturday, February 18, 2012

Marathon Poem

Twas the night before the Austin Marathon, when all through our home.
The tears were a flow'in, because I'm running alone.
The Mormor's got pink eye and a fever to boot,
The only upside is I stole her race loot.

Soon I'll be nestled all snug in my bed,
while visions of winning dance in my head.
And Mormor with barf bucket getting much bigger,
Won't get to wear her Disneyworld pigger.

I'll race to the finish with turtle quickness,
but Mormor won't be there because of her sickness.
I'll cheer for all runners and say without sorrow,
Happy Marathon to all and let's eat five donuts tomorrow!

Here is Cub in the tub.

1 comment:

  1. I love your poem!!! I wish i was running this, I had a great time running the Livestrong 1/2 last yr. Your going to do great! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete