Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Beg, Borrow and Steal!

And then give it to ME.

Well not actually to me, but to my Girls On The Run fundraising page.

Here's a quick re-cap:
  1. In honor of the Livestrong Austin Marathon - last week for Filanthropy Friday I donated to Girls On The Run Austin
  2. My marathon was not a success in a conventional way.
  3. I decided (because I'm apparently drunk on barfy endorphins) that I HAD to find another marathon to complete this spring - I've trained so much!  I found the My Fit Woodlands Marathon - so close, so flat (or so it's advertised) and practically in my old backyard (I grew up in Houston) - SOLD OUT! Curses.
  4. I wrote the race organizer and practically begged for a spot.  I think he got a little annoyed with me. Thankfully they had a few (like, 25) charity spots they were planning to release today.  I GOT ONE!
  5. Even though it's NOT MANDATORY to raise money, I felt like I should.  One of the six choices is Girls On The Run Houston.  It must be fate - right? 
  6. I SET UP THIS PAGE TO RAISE MONEY!
My goal is $200 - seems pretty doable.  

I figure I'll be like NPR (our local station, KUT, is coincidentally doing their membership drive right now) and basically bug the crap out of people until I reach my goal.   KUT always says stuff like, Once we reach our fundraising goal, we'll stop the drive., which translates to Hurry up and donate now so you don't have to listen to us anymore.

I'm calling in all donation favors!  

I have about eleven days to raise $200 and then I promise I'll shut up (at least about this topic).

Here's what Cub will do if I raise $200.



No comments:

Post a Comment