Thursday, February 9, 2012

Riggs & The Homeless

It's been a while since I've written about the newest member of our household - the puppy.

Riggs isn't much of a barker.  He will occasionally bark when he wants to be let inside or when I'm in the office in the early morning hours (he comes to work with us four days a week) and a misfit approaches.  In these instances it's usually just one or two little short barks and then he is done.

This is not the case when it comes to the homeless (really, it's people begging on the street - to be fair, I'm not sure if they're actually homeless).  On Wednesday I was driving him home from his doggie play date and we approached a very major intersection.  All the way across the intersection there was a person requesting money from cars.  He saw them (I couldn't even tell if it was a man or woman they were so far away) and started barking like a maniac - loud, non-stop, annoying barking.  

Here he is (you can't even see the homeless person):



When I got home and told Buttin the story, Buttin told me that Riggs had done the exact same thing the a few days earlier except in that instance the homeless person was right next to Buttin's truck.  Buttin said Riggs' barking was embarrassing.

I'm not sure if it's a protective bark or if it's a cheering-them-on kind of bark (he is usually very pro-begging), but it's very loud and thankfully very rare. 

You don't really get to see Riggs' cute face in the picture above, so here's is a picture of Riggs and Buttin cuddling.


Here is Cub today playing on his bike.  I love the look on his face.


1 comment:

  1. Good for Riggs! No one is going to bother you with him in your car!
    Cub is getting SO big! Love the picture.

    ReplyDelete