Sunday, February 26, 2012

Wise Baby Mama

Today we had a wonderful baby mama brunch/baby shower (four baby mamas are pregnant and three were in attendance). 


We played a little game where we all wrote down a piece of advice (funny, silly, sweet - it didn't matter what kind of advice) for each of the pregnant mamas and the pregnant mamas had to guess who wrote each piece of advice.

One of the mamas (she already has two kiddos) wrote something like - Spend more time making memories and less time worrying how to document the memories. 

I really liked this advice.  

I have often wondered if I spend too much time taking pictures (and documenting our life) instead of just living in the moment and making the memories.

I love my camera - I always have.  I love taking pictures of Cub. I don't think that's ever going to change (I think there would be a 3-person mutiny on this blog if it did); however, as the mama it's my job to help make the memories with Cub, not to document them. 

Here's Cub today (in a picture taken by Buttin):


1 comment:

  1. soooooo true! i find myself stressing when I can't capture "moments"...but instead I should take a mental picture that will last me forever =)
    You guys are so cute!!! all the baby mommas! miss you guys ALOT!!!

    ReplyDelete