Thursday, February 23, 2012

Updates Galore!

Update #1: 
 
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!  In two days, we have raised $240 for Girls On The Run! My friends and family are awesome.

I spoke to a representative from Girls On The Run Greater Houston today and they're sending me a little care package with a technical t-shirt to wear during the race! 

If you haven't donated yet, but would still like to help girls (grades 3 - 8) train for a 5K and feel empowered to accomplish all their goals, please visit my donation page.  


Update #2: (kind of long):

One of my New Year's goals was to become more educated about the products I buy and where they are made.  A little over a month ago, I wrote about the Lake Austin Spa Resort and the rumors I heard about their (lack of) employee benefits

I finally got around to writing them today.  Here was my (super eloquent) email:

Dear Lake Austin Spa,

I enjoy visiting your spa and resort.  I try to treat myself at least once a year.  Your commitment to customer satisfaction is beyond compare.

However,  I recently heard from a close friend (and frequent visitor to the Lake Austin Spa) that you all do not provide your employees with health insurance nor do you offer PTO. 

I found this difficult to believe and thought it must be some rumor started by a previous employee or jealous competitor.  Certainly, a company with your dedication to wellness would offer generous benefits packages to your employees.  Could you please confirm that you provide your employees with health insurance options and contribute to their healthcare premiums?

I try to be a consumer with a conscience which is why I'm requesting that you respond to my inquiry.  It's important to me that the companies I spend money with are good to their people. 

Warmest Regards,
Stephanie 

Well, they responded today!  Their general manager actually tried calling me (but of course I didn't answer my phone). 
Here is the email she sent:

Stephanie,
 
Thank you for your email.  We most certainly provide benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401k, vacation, life insurance, etc. for our full time employees.  I am not sure where that rumor started, but all full time employees have the option to join our insurance plans after 90 days of employment.  I would be happy to discuss further if you have any questions.  I tried to call the number on your contact form, but must have called your work number.  We value our employees and the contribution they make to the guest experience. They are a wonderful group that I have the privilege of working for each and every day.  Thanks for your question and don’t hesitate to call if there is anything further I can assist with.
Tracy

I wrote her back with a couple additional questions - but I'm very satisfied with the substance and speed of her response.  This makes me very happy.

Update #3:

Cub is now talking - a bunch.  Not all of his words are pronounced with the diction of a broadcaster, but he's saying - mama, mommy, dada, daddy, out, tree, keys, cheese, shoes, pop, down and (of course) NO!  His favorite word is NO. 

Here's Cub today seriously watching some kids play basketball.


No comments:

Post a Comment