Friday, February 17, 2012

Filanthropy Friday

SUNDAY is AUSTIN MARATHON race day!

I think (hope) I'm prepared.

The Livestrong Austin Marathon has a program called 26 miles for 26 charities - so I thought it might be fun to pick one of those charities today.

I really wanted something fun (read: not sad).  Once again, most of the charities don't meet this qualification (like Superhero Kids - sounds super fun, but it's super sad).

Since my mom and I are running this weekend (and we're girls), I decided on Girls on the Run.

GOTR is a running program for girls (3rd - 8th grade) that addresses their physical, emotional and mental health.  I donated $15 to GOTR and I hope I see some of their volunteers on Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Girls on the Run is awesome! Good luck on Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you ready to rock it like dokken on sunday!? wait... hmmm. well, that didn't work out the way i wanted it to...

    kick it on sunday in the butt!

    ReplyDelete