Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Good News April Baby

**Warning - post contains very sad, but then HAPPY news**

When I got pregnant, I joined a couple of online groups for other April 2010 mothers.

The site/message board I'm usually on is Baby Center (where I get all the Fetus Friday updates). There are about 5,000 members of this board, but only about 750 - 1000 of us that participate daily.

The "Featured Post" on the Baby Center 2010 April board is the "Official Birth Announcements" - this has and will continue to be the featured post through April of next year. During the last few weeks, there have been babies born and none have survived. I pretty much cry every time I read a new announcement. (I don't always think it's a good idea for hormonal women to be on such a message board - shesh, you should read some of the fights these ladies get into.)

Here's the post from a mother who had her twins the day after Christmas:

Your Name/Screen name: leorira11
Baby's Name: (not decided yet)
Date of Birth: December 26, 2009
Original Due Date: May 1, 2010 (but expected earlier as they were twins)
Weeks Pregnant: 22
Baby's Weight: 423 g & 420 g
Baby's Height: unknown

Early on Friday morning, Baby A's water broke. There was nothing we could do to save her, or her perfectly healthy twin brother. I was induced into labor, and the twins were stillborn Saturday morning.

Words cannot describe the pain we are feeling at the moment.

Best wishes to everyone else on their pregnancy.

It makes me want to cry just reading it again (. . .there goes a tear). I don't think there are words that can describe the amount of love I already feel for Lumpy and the thought of having to go through what nine women (in our group) have gone through is terrifying beyond comprehension.

Well, yesterday when I opened the Baby Center message board there was one new post on the "Official Birth Announcement" thread. I dreaded opening it. Sweet, happy joy - a baby boy was born - only 1 lb and 6 oz, but he is strong and the doctors are very hopeful.

I never knew I could feel such happiness for a woman that I don't even know, but it was such a relief to see some good news for an April baby, born on December 28th.

4 comments:

  1. step away from the computer and quit reading sad things. If you read too many sad things you will turn into one of those crazy old ladies who goes outside barefoot in the winter and gets lost taking the garbage to the curb. You don't want that to happen do you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recommend you quit reading Baby Center and instead focus all of your attention on:

    1.) peopleofwalmart.com

    2.) bejewelled

    3.) eating cookie dough

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto what Liz and Barbie said.

    Your Mother

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your empathy does you credit, but really you shouldn't read that stuff. The world is sharp and pointy enough without having it delivered to your inbox.

    I loved Baby Center. The updates were truly insightful. But you HAVE to stay away from the message boards. Nothing good can come of it. People usually don't post when things are going well.

    ReplyDelete