Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Eve - Farewell 2009

First, a brief - but powerfully moving poem.

Ode to Cookie Dough - aka Auld Lang Cooke Dough

Should all my cookie dough be forgot,
and never in my tummy?
Should all my cookie dough be forgot
oh no, it's much too yummy.

For the love of dough, my dear,
For cookie dough is so good,
We'll take a cup o' cookie dough yet
For we really should.

And here's a batch, my trusty friend,
Don't eat it all at one time;
We'll take a cup o' cookie dough yet,
part of the batch is mine.

Should all my cookie dough be forgot,
and never eaten again?
Should all my cookie dough be forgot
no, because then we couldn't be friends.

For the love of dough my dear,
For in cookie dough I believe,
We'll take a cup o' cookie dough yet
Because it's New Year's Eve

I'm sure everyone is just as impressed with my poetry writing skills as they are with my documentary film making skills.

2009 Year In Review (Brief)

I'd be lying if I said 2009 was an awesome year as a small business owner - the economy took a big dump on pretty much everyone. However, Buttin and I have so much to be thankful for in 2009 (For instance, I started a blog . . . which I know EVERYONE is thankful for, especially Buttin).

Working together has truly brought Buttin and I closer together. I love being able to tell him, "see you at work." As much as work gives me stress, he is able to relieve it. He is the best marriage and business partner and we've learned so much about each other during the past year (this is starting to sound very cheesy, so I'll stop now). We also moved the business this year - which I think if you asked the misfits - is the best thing that's happened all year!

In July, Buttin and I learned of a small little life change (maybe I've mentioned it a time or two), Lumpy. We can't wait to meet Lumpy in 2010. It must be said that anticipating Lumpy's arrival has really helped to keep everything else in perspective.

Buttin and I also took a couple of trips this year - Mexico and Chicago. It's great to have amazing friends, but even GREATER to go fun places with them (actually, it's pretty awesome just to lay on their couch too).

In 2009 I also started running more than I ever imagined possible, and completed my first marathon with my mom (and Lumpy) in November. I look forward to more running sometime in May 2010.

Farewell 2009 - hello 2010!

2 comments:

  1. Your poetry reflects years of work and refinement and is a shear joy to read. While your documentary film making skills are stunning, think 2x4 to the forehead ;-), you are still in the process of honing your craft.

    I look forward to the arrival of Lumpy and more good times in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cookie dough when pregnant....nothing could be better!!!!!! You make we want to whip up a batch right now!!!!! Seriously, I craved 2 things while pregnant, cookie dough and Jimmy John's. But I don't even want to know how much cookie dough I have eaten over the past year - I would be so ashamed of myself!

    ReplyDelete