Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Happy Anniversary Buttin

On their anniversary, people always say things like - they married their best friend, soul mate, the love of their life . . . and other cheesy stuff written in greeting cards. These little words just don't describe Buttin or our relationship, so I'll tell a very short story to sum up the amazingness that is the man I married three years ago today.

Yesterday morning I was very excited to go to Walgreens to pick up our Holiday photo card (see outtakes here). When I got there, the pictures were not ready. Buttin usually gets to work about 30 minutes after me, so I called him when I got to work and asked him if you had time to swing by Walgreens before he came into work - the cards should be ready by 9:00 AM. Well, Buttin had a very busy morning planned (maybe you've heard, we're moving) and had a meeting at 9:00 AM. He said he would swing by later on in the morning and pick up the cards for me. At 9:05, Buttin comes through the door holding the cards. I say, "I thought you had to be somewhere at 9:00". Buttin says, "I do, but I knew how much joy these would bring you."

I know, it's simple, but Buttin does things like this for me every single day. I can only hope that I do the same for him.

Here are a couple pictures from three years ago!


Happy Anniversary Buttin! LYMITY!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's been 3 years. I am so happy for both of you and that we are all friends. You guys are the best and I am glad you found each other and are starting to procreate.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you got married on my birthday. Hope it lasts at least 57 years as I have.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete