Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A 5K

What? A running post on a blog about running?

This morning I went for another run (jog). Buttin and I are trying out this new morning schedule so that hopefully I'll be able to run some mornings.

4:30 (about) - whenever (around 5:45): I feed Cash, pump and get ready for my run. (I TRY to get Cash back to sleep)
5:45 - 6:45: I run (and hopefully Cash and Buttin sleep)
6:45: Buttin wakes up and heads to work (not having showered or worked out)
8:30: Cash and I go to work.
10:00: Buttin goes to work out, shower, run errands and get mail.
12:30: Buttin gets back to work.
1:00: Cash and I head home.

This schedule worked relatively well this morning, except Cash woke up pretty grumpy around five minutes after I walked out the door. Buttin usually wakes up at 6:00 every morning, so he technically got to sleep in a few extra minutes, but had to contend with an unhappy baby.

OK, so back to my 5K! My time was 34:40. My PR is 27:56. It was a slow run, but it felt very good and the weather was nice. I felt productive getting up and moving around (in an non doing laundry kind of way).

When Cash and I got home today (after working very hard) we decided to take a nap. I have so many pictures of Cash and Buttin sleeping, but not very many of Cash and me sleeping. You'll just have to imagine me laying next to him and take my word for it, we were darn cute.


2 comments:

  1. What cute cheeks. He is growing fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sooo impressed! Working AND running with a 4 WEEK old!!!

    ReplyDelete