Monday, May 10, 2010

Mommy Adrenaline

So a couple of weeks ago I was talking about how lightly I sleep (now) with our friends Mark and Jen (they have two kids). I explained that I woke up with every little movement that Cash makes. They could related, but Jen told me that one night I would experience a jolt of "mommy adrenaline". She explained that this would happen when I heard an unusual noise (like a kid falling out of bed). Well last night I experienced my first jolt.

Around 3AM, I stood upright and wide awake when I heard this horrible choking noise. In the brief two seconds it took me to run to Cash's bed, I remember thinking "Cash is choking, I'm not sure what to do - I'll call 911." When I got to his bed, Cash was peacefully sleeping and in no sign of distress.

My heart was beating so fast as I quickly looked around to determine the source of the sound. I soon discovered Scratch (the cat) doing that horrible cat throw up noise in the blanket box (which is located right next to Cash's bed). Scratch up-chucked all over Cash's blankets and then quickly found another place to sleep.

Either Buttin heard the choking noise too or I startled him because as soon as I got to Cash's bed Buttin was semi-upright looking at me. When I got back to bed (about 30 seconds after leaping from our bed), my heart was racing and it took me forever to calm down. Buttin kept looking at me to make sure that I was OK. I don't really think I got fully back to sleep the entire night. When Cash started making noises at 3:45 AM - I just brought him to bed and played with him - just so happy that he was OK.

And now for another sleeping picture of Cash with his cute little (actually rather big and fluffy) cloth diaper.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my GOSH!! I love that pic...SOOO CUTE! Okay, can I make a topic request? How are the cloth diapers working out? I've never known anyone else that used them, so I'm just curious!

    ReplyDelete