Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Must Be Murphy's Law

Murphy's Law (MorMor Edition):

If MorMor is in town (and prepared to stay awake late to feed the baby), Cash will sleep through the night.

My mother (the MorMor) came into town yesterday to help (since I had the boobie procedure) and was prepared to take the 11 PM feeding.

Buttin and I have started this new schedule with Cash where we put him down to bed sometime between 7 & 8. He usually wakes up sometime between 10 & 11, 2 &3 and then again around 5. Last night he was asleep by 8:15.

Buttin and I were in bed and I was asleep by around 10 PM. My mom waited out in the living room for Cash to wake up.

Around 12:30, I woke up (needing to pump) and my mother was out in the living room. I asked her when he last ate - she said he hadn't eaten yet!! I told my mom to go to bed whenever she wanted and I think she made it till about 1:30 AM. At around 1:50 I woke up and went to the bathroom and heard Cash making little noises. He still wasn't ready to wake up.

HE SLEPT UNTIL 2:30 AM!! I didn't completely sleep until 2:30 (I kept waking up with every little noise he was making thinking that he was going to be really pissed off & hungry when he finally woke up), but I certainly got more hours of sleep in a row than usual.

I have no doubt that last night was fluke and just a result of the MorMor's Murphy's Law.

Here are a couple of picture of MorMor and Cash:

Taking a walk with Cash (with the Moby wrap) and the cats:

And here's one with Cash eating:


No comments:

Post a Comment