Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Couple Random Things

I've been a little distracted and scattered these past couple days - just trying to get healthy. This blog post has no real theme, just some random updates.

I had my postpartum appointment with Dr. Elephant yesterday and I told him that I was beginning to think he didn't like me since every time I've ever REALLY needed him (i.e. birth of child & boob infection) he has been unavailable. Harrumph! I was just teasing him, but he said (very genuinely) that he was sorry he missed out on Cash's birth (funny . . .he didn't mention being sorry about missing my boob infection fiasco). He also said I was one of his favorites, to which I said something to the effect of, "oh, I bet you say that to everyone" to which his nurse rolled her eyes and said, "oh no he doesn't".

Everything looks good (except for the boob issue), Dr. Elephant even said when he was pressing on my stomach that it was a very small stomach and said, "good job". It would be rather embarrassing to have a generous weight gain after having the baby.

He did get the results back from the culture that the surgeon took on Monday from my Dr. Seuss milk and said he suspected that the surgeon would probably change my prescription. Dr. Elephant said that it didn't look like milk was collecting in the area so I probably will not need it drained again - just more antibiotics. He was rather impressed (in an I'm a freak kind of way) how large the infected area was - I told him that it used to be twice the size it currently is and that I feel tons better than I did on Monday. I think he expected me to be in more discomfort, but what I'm feeling now is TONS better than what I felt like earlier in the week.

In other Dr. Elephant news, I'm back on the pill. It's a different one for me - it's breastfeeding safe.

(Onto next topic . . . no transition).

Buttin and I decided that we were going to move Cash's bed into Buttin's office. That way, we could kind of have our bedroom back and Cash would have a darker room to sleep (since we're starting to put him to bed between 7 & 8 every night).

I couldn't do it last night. I expected to be a more practical mom, but it turns out I'm a lot more sentimental. It feels so strange to feel sad about this one tiny little step, but I know that we'll probably sleep better and he probably doesn't care one way or the other.

Here's a cute picture of Cash, post bath with an awesome Daddy hairstyle.

1 comment: